Re: [pygame] Frantic (again)

On 6/19/06, Rene Dudfield <renesd@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Maybe have a little timer animation on the loading screen to show
could show a progress bar, or % loaded that would be even better.

I want to second the idea of a progress bar or animation when loading....

people will percieve delays as being significantly longer than they
are when there is no feedback or animation, and people will percieve
delays as being shorter than they are when there are animations that
show progress.

Also, for me, I thought it was hung after about 8-9 seconds, and
started to look into killing it. If it had some loading animation, I
wouldn't have thought that so quickly

You should probably also make sure you are regularly processing the
message pump during any delay longer than about a second, because when
the window doesn't respond to messages, it looks even more hung, and
the system will start to treat it that way.

best for games.