Re: [pygame] 3D sample code

On Fri, June 8, 2007 1:09 pm, David wrote:
>> You're right that you cant use any of the regular SDL drawing functions
>>  with OpenGL - or any other accelarated 3D API. You can work with 2D
>> graphics in OpenGL though, by drawing texture quads. If you wrap that in
>> a simplified interface, then the code doesn't look much different from
>> what you are used to in 2D PyGame.
>>

> For such a simplified interface, you might find Lamina useful.
>

> http://cheeseshop.python.org/pypi/Lamina/0.1.2

It does sound useful. When I tried the demos, though, they said "no module
named la." I figured this might mean "lamina," but changing it to that
didn't help. Then I thought it might be something from OcempGUI (which I
don't have installed), so I tried running a very basic demo:

<code>
## Hacked-together Lamina test

import lamina
from pygame import display, key, init, event
from pygame import time as pytime
from pygame.locals import *
import OpenGL.GL as ogl
import OpenGL.GLU as oglu

# create gui with appropriate constructor
gui = GUI_Constructor()

# create LaminaPanelSurface
gui_screen = lamina.LaminaPanelSurface( (640,480), (-1,1,2,2) )

# draw widgets on surface
gui.draw( gui_screen.surf )
</code>

Result:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:/Documents and Settings/Owner/Desktop/lamina/lamina_test_k.py",
line 12, in ?
    gui = GUI_Constructor()
NameError: name 'GUI_Constructor' is not defined

That happens even with spyre and lamina in the same directory.