Re: [pygame] OK, I'm starting this whole thing over again...

On Jun 11, 2007, at 9:08 AM, Jason Massey wrote:

Instead of a full fledged game, why not crank out some proof of concept mini-games/tests.

Your first one could be dead simple: space invaders without the aliens or the moving player ship. All you'd have is a ship centered at the bottom of the screen that would fire a bullet whenever you hit the space bar.

That way you can concentrate on the part that's giving you trouble. Don't worry, at this point, about diry rects, optimizing or anything like that.

Yes, I second that. Absolutely don't optimize anything until you get something that works. And do it the simplest way you can think of. You'd be surprised how many times that's good enough anyway.

-Casey