Re: [pygame] Smooth Scaling for Terrain Generation

On Sat, June 16, 2007 1:26 am, Alex Holkner wrote:
> You want the scale2x algorithm and its friends:
> http://scale2x.sourceforge.net/
> If you can save your map in a palettized image format, you can use
> pygame's built-in scale2x function to do the hard work.

That's exactly what I needed; thanks! Here's what the result looks like
(scaled down just to show it off):
http://kschnee.xepher.net/pics/070615zonemap.jpg

By the way, I tried feeding a version of this image map to that "Simple
OpenGL" demo recently posted here, and it looked like this:
http://kschnee.xepher.net/pics/0706simpleopengl.jpg