Re: [pygame] Not Quiting

So what you're saying is run IDLE separately from my program (don't click on "Edit With IDLE") and doing something.  I don't know what you mean- cutting and pasting the program into it?  It can't be hitting F5 because that opens a new IDLE window.  What DO you mean?  Anyway, that seems harder than just running the program by clicking on its file (i.e. double click "program.py").

On 6/30/07, Luke Paireepinart < rabidpoobear@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Ian Mallett wrote:
> "In the future, if you have a question like this, try to give us
> more info, such as the platform you're running, and the editor you're
> using."
> I'll try to do that.
>
> Yes, I am running IDLE.  Isn't there a way to run the program just by
> pressing F5 in the program and not doing anything else?
Your terminology is confusing the issue.
What you're asking, I think, is "isn't there an easy way to execute my
program when I am editing the code within IDLE?"
Yes, you just use F5.
But the _manner in which you open the code in IDLE_ is what determines
if a subprocess will be opened.
Don't open your code by right-clicking the file and choosing "edit."
open IDLE by a shortcut or directly from the directory in which it's
installed.
Then load your code from there.
HTH,
-Luke