[pygame] Battery Life

Hi. I'm having a battery problem.

I'm running pygame on Maemo (linux on a mobile device). In my main
game loop I am using pygame.event.wait() and sleeping all other
running threads. To me this means that until there is an event, the
process should not consume very much processor time. Unfortunately,
the battery on the device still drains very quickly (about 4 hours
when idle, as compared to 2 days while other applications are idle).

Running 'top' does not indicate that the idle process is consuming
very much processing power either.

Has anybody dealt with a similar issue, or have any recommendations?

Thanks,
Doug