Re: [pygame] Proposed Module: Camera

On Saturday 14 June 2008 09:19:37 Nirav Patel wrote:
> For now, I'm pretty much done with what I had planned for the Camera
> module, after I debug the remaining pixelformat conversions.

Hi,

Did you give anythought to being able to pass back the YUV data without
any conversion - if the camera supports it? It'd be really useful in the case
that the next step is processing YUV data... (eg encoding to video, or a
variety of other image processing tasks).

> I'm going to continue to the second part of my GSoC project, which was
> writing some basic computer vision functions for use with this.

I /suspect/ that passing out YUV will also help with this.

Incidentally, just tried the new version and I note that it must do something
new in the camera setup now - the quality of images I'm getting out are
_significantly_ better in low light conditions :-)

Really cool work - many thanks :-)

Best Regards,

Michael.