[pygame] Communicating with an event queue

Hello all,

For the movie module, I need to be able to communicate with a process programmatically.

The video player in discussion is ffplay(because its the smallest), and it has an internal event loop around the SDL event loop. When I use subprocess.Popen to open up the video player running a file, with the PIPE arguments to all std*'s, only the window spawned responds to commands from the keyboard, indicating that the event loop doesn't listen on stdin.

Is there a way to cause events to be pushed onto the process's internal event loop?

-Tyler
--
Visit my blog at http://oddco.ca/zeroth/zblog