Re: [pygame] Communicating with an event queue

Tyler Laing<trinioler@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> For the movie module, I need to be able to communicate with a process
> programmatically.
>
> The video player in discussion is ffplay(because its the smallest), and it
> has an internal event loop around the SDL event loop. When I use
> subprocess.Popen to open up the video player running a file, with the PIPE
> arguments to all std*'s, only the window spawned responds to commands from
> the keyboard, indicating that the event loop doesn't listen on stdin.
>
> Is there a way to cause events to be pushed onto the process's internal
> event loop?

I'm not sure what the question is?  I may just be missing data due to
unfamiliarity with the structure in question.  Shouldn't you, as the
developer, be able to insert a method into the movie subsystem wrapper
object that takes a command and places it in queue to be processed by
the subprocess' loop?