Re: [pygame] To Marcus, regarding pgreloaded

Daniel McNeese <daniel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

1) You've done a great job providing the list of keyboard constants I asked for - thanks, by the way - but lists of attributes associated with other constants are still missing. The example I used last time were the JOYBUTTONUP and JOYBUTTONDOWN event constants having "which," "joy," "button" and "state" attributes; these are still undescribed (and even unmentioned), although at least the constants themselves have descriptions now.

Yes, some parts there are still unfinished. The description of the event
attributes for each of those constants will go into the event module
documentation as this seems to be the better place for it.

2) The next-to-last part, "keyboard modifer states," is described as a list of constants. If I'm understanding their role correctly, wouldn't these be reserved VARIABLES (specifically, booleans) as their values would change depending on what keys are pressed?

No. They are bit mask types for the pressed states. As written:

  The following constants are keyboard modifer states, used as bitwise
  combinations to check, whether they were hold down on keyboard input.

However, the text above needs a reference to the sdl.keyboard
documentation, which in turn needs an example in get_mod_state() and
set_mod_state().

That said, looks like good progress so far. Any plans for another formal release, or is that still over the horizon for now?

I'm currently brushing up some changes within the font module for the
upcoming pygame2.freetype module and am integrating the latest pygame 1.x
changes for it. If that's done (probably the next week), alpha2 will be
released (probably by the end of the next week).

Regards
Marcus