Re: [pygame] Communicating with an event queue

On Fri, Jun 19, 2009 at 8:37 AM, Tyler Laing<trinioler@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Unfortunately, no, communicate does not prevent hanging:
> http://docs.python.org/library/subprocess.html#subprocess.Popen.communicate
> It says it waits for the subprocess to terminate :/
>
> However, that mplayer slave mode looks awesome. How big would a statically
> compiled mplayer executable be? The windows download, with smplayer gui is
> 12.5 MB. Or should I create an mplayer backend that checks if mplayer has
> been installed?
>
> -Tyler

yeah, it would be an if installed deal.

VLC is probably more widely installed than mplayer... but not sure if
it can do a slave mode too... but I think it should be possible.
http://wiki.videolan.org/VLC_command-line_help

VLC is also much more commonly installed xplatform, eg on windows/mac/linux