Re: [pygame] Sphinx versions

On Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 6:26 PM, René Dudfield <renesd@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Lennard,

I'd like to include some new files with the docs.

docscomment.json - generated from the website comments, which contains all the comments.
Plus a jquery plugin jquery.plugin.docscomment.js which should be included in a script tag in the footer of the page.

Do you have any idea on where I'd add these files into the sphinx step?  I've made the two files, I just need to put them in the file system somewhere, and insert the script tag into the footer of html that gets generated.

I guess the jquery.plugin.docscomment.js would go in docs/, and the docscomment.json would go in docs/ref/.  Sound ok?

I have no idea where to add the script tag into the template.  Do you know?

cheers,

Hullo again,

I added the two files under the docs/ref/ directory.

The jquery plugin still needs work, but is basically functional.  I need to style the comment html amongst other things (like testing in browsers other than firefox 5beta).

I'm still not sure how to add the script tag to the footer in sphinx.  I committed the docs/ref/display.html which I manually added the script tag to the bottom.  So if anyone wants to have a look you can see them there.

The doccomments.json is about 100KB compressed, but hopefully I can delete a bunch more as I finish integrating them into the documentation.  I delete them as I fix bugs, or adjust the comment to account for the feedback in the comments.  I've only done 4-5 modules so far - and deleted about 600 comments (most of them spam), so there should be a fairly big reduction in the size.

By putting the script tag at the bottom of the page, and only loading the json file once the whole document is ready people will not have to wait for the whole 100KB of comments to download before the page loads.

cheers!

ps.  off to see some music in Lisbon now.  If any sphinx experts know how to customise the footer please chime in and enlighten us :)