Re: [SPAM: 3.100] Re: [pygame] PyGUI Example and a New Game

Joe Ranalli wrote:
I like the engineering theme and would love to see some simpler designs to build up to some of the more complex/challenging ones.

Hmmm, I'm having trouble thinking of anything simpler!
I don't think the first few Kohctpyktop levels are really
any simpler than mine, they just seem that way because
the underlying simulation is considerably simplified
with respect to reality. Also some of them rely on
making use of propagation delays to build oscillators,
which would be very tricky to get right using my
simulator.

I'll look into providing a bit more explanation about
connecting transistors in series and parallel to get
various switching effects. Maybe that will help to get
people thinking in the right direction.

-There seemed to be something wrong with the saving. I can't save over existing files,

I'll check that out.

The game brings up a save window when I fail a level, and won't let me resume the game. It seems to be setting a timer that periodically pops up new save windows

That sounds like a bug I recently fixed in PyGUI. Try this
version and see if it helps:

http://www.cosc.canterbury.ac.nz/greg.ewing/python_gui/PyGUI-2.5.2.tar.gz

-I couldn't get any of the select/copy/paste functionality to work.

Not implemented yet. Working on it right now!

Overall it's pretty interesting and I did learn something about computer engineering from playing. Good work, thanks for sharing.

Thanks for trying it out,
Greg