Re: [pygame] Debian packages of pygame 0.9

On Fri, Mar 16, 2001 at 07:08:29AM -0800, Pete Shinners wrote:
> hi guys, thanks for trying to keep some sort of order
> in things. as the pygame front news suggests, i'm back
> in town. during the trip i was able to get the debian
> stuff all moved and linked up proper.

Cool - thanks!

> francis, i've been getting some questions from users
> about needing the libc debian package from unstable.
> i don't know enough about debian myself yet to help
> them out. can libc from unstable co-exist with libc
> from testing or stable?

No, I don't think they can coexist.

At the moment, stable has libc6 2.1.3-13.  Unstable and testing have libc6
2.2.2-1.

python2-base is only in unstable (I think) and has a dependency on libc6 (>=
2.2.1-2).  Since python2 is required for pygame, it seems reasonable
that pygame has the same requirements.

Or does someone have a python2 built for use with stable?  It isn't in
the Debian archive, if there is one.

It is probably possible to build pygame which depends on libc6 2.1.3-13 at
most, but I don't know how to do it.  The best thing is to get the folk
who asked about this to email me, or post on the list with more info
about what they'd like to do.

Francis (new to Debian packaging as well!)

--
Home: francis@flourish.org  Web: www.flourish.org