[pygame] Collaborative game in 8 weeks.

Hello.

Would anyone be interested in making an open source, free game as a group?

To make it interesting, and to be sure that it will be finished(good or bad), I propose it be completed within two months. With set time periods to have certain parts done.

week 1 we vote on a theme.

week 2 make a game design.

week 3 make a basic prototype/game engine.
- start on music, sound effects, graphics, story, special effects, ai code etc.

week 4 continued work.
- join various peoples code together, integrate graphics and sound. Divide into small tasks so different people contribute easily.

week 5 playable game. - Decide on what needs to be done to make it better.

week 6 continued work.

week 7 finishing touches.
- tweaking gameplay/graphics/code/sound, generally pollishing it up.

week 8 game mostly complete, almost all done.
- finish installer, make more levels/content(if there are levels in the game).

So we start with throwing some ideas around for a game, then make a prototype. We try and get game play finished early, then spend the rest of the time tweaking, and polishing it.

Hopefully as we make the game we could figure out how to distribute various parts of the game to different people. Maybe we need some scrolling code (one person starts working on that). When they finish it, other people can have a look, improve it etc. A few different people could do music tracks, and sound effects. Many people can contribute graphics, or graphics effects code. A different person could work on player input, ai etc.

Anyone interested? Who wants to propose some game ideas?

After seeing what some people can do by themselves in 48 hours. It'd be interesting what could be done after eight weeks ;)