[pygame] Re: [PyOpenGL-Users] nehe1-10

Hi Martin,

Sorry for the delay in response. Basically, I'm not sure what's going on. The PyGame versions of the tutorial work fine on my Win2K system. I would suggest that you:

* run the samples from a command prompt, rather than double-clicking
from explorer, so that you can see what the actual error messages are
* report the precise error messages to the PyGame peoples or us (the
PyOpenGL peoples) as appropriate, so we can track down the problem
and/or offer useful suggestions

I'm assuming, for now, that what you're seeing is a PyGame window setup failure of some type, which is really something the PyGame peoples would be better able to deal with than us :) . We mostly deal with the generic OpenGL stuff which happens "after" the context is setup.

Good luck,
Mike

abekat abekat wrote:

Hi there

I´m totally new to PyOpenGL, and to try and learn I´ve downloaded the NeHe "tutorials" from gamelets at pygame.org. But I have a problem, the examples from 6 and up won´t run on my system?

When I doubleclick the file from the folder the prompt in windows 2000 opens shortly and you can see that it attempts to open the pygame display, but then it shuts it down?

The first 5 examples work alright, why this difference in the running of the applications?

Another problem is that I cant seem to shut down the applications by closing the display, I have to kill python entirely via the task maneger, needless to say this is quite annoying.

I have absolutely no clue what is wrong, my system configuration is the same as the one used at my school - Where the exact same problem occurs on some machines and not on others - and they are all alike?!?

If additional information is needed let me know.

If anyone knows of a solution I would really appreciate it.

Kind regards
Martin Traberg