Re: [pygame] from Python+Pygame to C+SDL, Any experiences?

> per frame. This puts a large pressure on game speed. Is it then purely because
> of my lack of programming expierence that my game runs slow on P3 while
> Commander Keen runs fast on a 286, or are there more issues?

> Is DOS faster because of direct hardware? Games run smooth for Linux, too.

Commander Keen is smooth because it does things to EGA hardware
registers to scroll. It isn't compatible with every video card. Way
back in the day, I was sad to find a Videologic video card (tseng
chipset maybe? It was ages ago) I bought jumped badly when playing
Keen and similar games.

Alan