Re: [pygame] windows screen saver in pygame?

Beni Cherniavsky <cben@techunix.technion.ac.il> writes:

> With a trivial program that saves its arguments to some file, you can
> easily discover the command-line API - IIRC it's a single "s" letter
> for running the saver and no arguments for the setup dialog.
>
> So you can just make a trivial .exe that calls your python script.
>
> .. [1] There is one special thing: the preview of the saver inside the
>
>        dialog.  You progagbly need to do it with GDI calls and I have
>        no idea how windows detects you know to preview yourself and
>        gives you the context.  In any case it seems completely
>        optional.
>
> --

Here's from MSDN:

INFO: Screen Saver Command Line Arguments
ID: Q182383

Microsoft Win32 Software Development Kit (SDK)

SUMMARY
Windows communicates with Screen Savers through command line arguments. The ScrnSave.lib library handles this for Screen Savers that are written to use it, but other Win32 Screen Savers marked 4.0 or higher must handle the following command line arguments:

   ScreenSaver           - Show the Settings dialog box.
   ScreenSaver /c        - Show the Settings dialog box, modal to the
                           foreground window.
   ScreenSaver /p <HWND> - Preview Screen Saver as child of window <HWND>.
   ScreenSaver /s        - Run the Screen Saver.
In addition, Windows 95 Screen Savers must handle:

   ScreenSaver /a <HWND> - change password, modal to window <HWND>
<HWND> is a HWND presented on the command line as an unsigned decimal number.
--

Vennlig hilsen

Syver Enstad