Re: [pygame] Re: PCR

On Friday 21 March 2003 1:44 am, Shandy Brown wrote:
> Tom, it seems to me that the "Gamelets" section is more like what you're
> looking for.  Or am i misinterpreting you?

Wellll, sort of. In fact, it's a bit further the other way, if you get me. The
PCR is a random bunch of useful and interesting classes and functions, which
is great. But you coudn't exactly build a game out of them - rather they are
useful if you want to, say, make a text-based progress bar, and you want some
pre-written code to do it.

The Gamelets section is a useful bunch of games, with their own zany and fun
rulesets, graphics and other specific functions written in, which is also
great. But they're not all that great for adapting. I'd love to see a few
"vanilla" games, like a generic boardgame, with classes & functions for
displaying the board, pieces, moving pieces around, and handling scores, and
so on.

It'd be good to shove those into one big resource with the PCR code samples.
Is that clearer?

Tom