Re: [pygame] Font.render

azazel wrote:
hi folks, can you tell me why if I try to convert() a surface created by
Font.render() the surface become totally coloured and unreadible?
the convert() call removes any pixel alpha in the image. this is because it matches the pixel format of the display surface. the display surface has no pixel alpha values.

you are likely fine without any convert() call. if you want there is a convert_alpha() which tries to optimize the image to a pixel format with alpha, but in most cases Font.render() is already set to a quick format.