Re: [pygame] Pygame to C/C++?

On Feb 29, 2004, at 11:21 PM, Pete Shinners wrote:

Michael wrote:
I'm thinking of rewriting some of my Python/Pygame code into C (or C++?) with SDL to get a speed improvement. I haven't written anything in C/C++ in a long time but think I could pick it back up. Does anyone have any tutorials of rewriting that kind of thing?
Good luck on this. There hasn't been a lot of experimentation on this sort of thing. I'm sure other besides myself are interested in seeing what kind of results you will get.

Pygame functions have an almost 1-to-1 mapping to SDL functions, so porting shouldn't be too confusing. Pygame also comes with a C-api so you can get at the main "glue" code from the C end. It's not really well documented, but you can look at some of the pygame source itself for reference.
Makes it sound like a good place to put Pyrex in the mix..

-bob