Re: [pygame] Playing OGGs in pygame

On Mar 16, 2005, at 6:28 PM, Keith Nemitz wrote:

Okay, I dropped into command prompt and did the following:

Silvercloud:~/oggbug musenik$ pythonw
Python 2.3 (#1, Sep 13 2003, 00:49:11)
[GCC 3.3 20030304 (Apple Computer, Inc. build 1495)] on darwin
>>> import pygame.mixer
>>> pygame.mixer.init()
>>> snd = pygame.mixer.Sound('flame.ogg')
>>> snd.play()
<Channel object at 0x520d0>
>>> snd2 = pygame.mixer.Sound('car_door.wav')
>>> snd2.play()
<Channel object at 0x520f0>

Once again, the ogg sound fails to make any noise, but the wav sound does.

other suggestions?

Works here, perhaps there is a problem with the ogg file you are trying to play? I'm not sure what version of ogg made it in to the SDL_mixer I'm distributing.

Unless you post an ogg file that fails for me, there's nothing I can do for you.

-bob