Re: [pygame] Re: Pygame app on Mac

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 00:08:20 +0100, Jindra Sarson <jindra@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Thank you,
>
> but it's not that case. I tried it on simple examples delivered with
> instalation package of Pygame 1.7. I tried it to run from terminal. It
> genaretes many:
>
> python[342] *** _NSAutoreleaseNoPool(): Object 0x38c0e0 of class
> NSCFString autoreleased with no pool in place - just leaking

I've seen this happen many, many times with downloaded pygame projects
that the author had never tried on Mac OS X.  It has always been
solved by adding a line in the source, right after pygame is imported:

pygame.init()

For some reason other platforms can get by without that, but the Mac
needs it.  This has been mentioned before.  I think Bob said that
pygame 1.7 should fix this problem, but maybe you're using 1.6?

--
// jack