[pygame] [Fwd: gamepad problem on osx]

i just discovered that the date on my computer was one day behind. I sent this email today before i realised about this error. Maybe some people hasnt read it, so here it goes again.
sorry for the ones that already read it...

-------- Jatorrziko Mezua -------- Gaia: gamepad problem on osx Data: Tue, 07 Mar 2006 16:17:52 +0100 Nork: altern <altern2@xxxxxxxxx> Nori: pygame-users@xxxxxxxx

hi

I am using pygame to get info from a gamepad (logitech dual action usb).
 The script is really simple and it runs fine on my debian desktop but
it gets kind of blocked on my G3 500mhz iBook.

It prints some data with the intialisation values and no matter how many
buttons i press it doesnt change. However when i type in the keyboard it
does print the keyboard event, so the script is not frozen, it just
looks like it doesnt get anything from the gamepad.

Anyone has any idea why this could be happening?

This is the code, nothing fancy about it

thanks!

#!/usr/local/bin/python2.3

import pygame
import pygame.event
from pygame.locals import *

try: # joystick pygame.joystick.init() # init main joystick device system for n in range(pygame.joystick.get_count()): # stick = pygame.joystick.Joystick(n) stick.init() # init instance # report joystick charateristics # print '-'*20 print 'Enabled joystick: ' + stick.get_name() print 'it has the following devices :' print '--> buttons : '+ str(stick.get_numbuttons()) print '--> balls : '+ str(stick.get_numballs()) print '--> axes : '+ str(stick.get_numaxes()) print '--> hats : '+ str(stick.get_numhats()) print '-'*20 except pygame.error: print 'no joystick found.'

def main():

    pygame.init()

    clock = pygame.time.Clock()

    while 1 :