Re: [pygame] Pygame bug on (Intel) MacBook Pro

On 3/16/07, Shane Geiger <sgeiger@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Under Python 2.5, I'm trying to install from both SVN and the latest
release:  pygame-1.7.1release

You don't seem to have the source for the dependencies, no libpng or
SDL or whatever... looks like all the errors below are cause of these
ones:
--------------------------
src/imageext.c:29:17: error: png.h: No such file or directory
src/imageext.c:30:21: error: jpeglib.h: No such file or directory
In file included from src/imageext.c:31:
src/pygame.h:63:17: error: SDL.h: No such file or directory
In file included from src/imageext.c:31:
--------------------------
If you want to install from source it looks like you need to gather
the dependencies source packages too

To Shane: Would the prebuilts work for you?
http://pythonmac.org/packages/

To List: Is there any reason not to check in the source code to
pygame's dependencies into pygame's svn? It would help a _lot_ for
people being able to easily build pygame from source, and it would
also let you know what the blessed & tested versions of the
dependencies were...
If the dependencies were checked into svn next to pygame's source,
then things probably would have just worked for Shane here. For my
part, having to go get dependencies is the single biggest obstacle for
me helping work with source (I've never been able to get them all, and
even if I could the search for them is a huge turn off), and I expect
many others feel he same way