Re: [pygame] Texture for raycasting engine

"Ian Mallett" <geometrian@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Ray-tracing or ray-casting is really only useful if you want to make
> complex effect like shadows and multiple reflections

Don't confuse ray tracing with ray casting. Doom and Wolfenstein 3d made
good use of ray casting without any reflections.

I certainly wouldn't try to write a software rasterizer in Python if I
were trying to attain interactive speeds, but I don't presume to know what
application the original poster has in mind.

-Dave LeCompte