Re: [pygame] AGG library

Brian Fisher wrote:

My own poor choice of phrasing notwithstanding, Maxim has put his time
and energy into getting the capabilities of AGG's drawing and
transformation code to places that achieve a lot more than SDL_gfx and
pygame.draw & transform have achieved. Since he shares his work so
generously, I think it would be great for pygame and/or SDL_gfx to use
his work to reach that level without having to do all the work he did.

Ahh, but you're going to have to fight a C/C++ war to make that happen. Good luck with that. :)

I've seen this happen several times in my professional work. In the end, it comes down to where the people really driving the project want to go with it. If the pygame authors really want the advanced functionality of AGG then they'll find a way to make it work. If they decide it's too complex and to extend their own software libraries instead, then it'll go that way.

But since it's open source, anyone can make a go for it. If it's easy to cobble the pieces together and make some impressive demos with aggdraw+numpy+pygame then someone who believes in it should just do it and show everyone how cool it could be. Maybe it wouldn't require major changes to pygame.