Re: [pygame] shadow demo

On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 5:27 PM, René Dudfield <renesd@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I found out that the glutTeapot actually has a bug (mentioned on the
man page)!  The polygons are wound backwards to how opengl does it by
default.  So disabling the culling is only needed for the teapot.

Does that fix it for the terrain?
I assume that this link has the changes you mentioned.  Sorry, but it doesn't work either.
Notice how when the shadows grow long they are really blocky?  That's
the main problem with the shadow mapping technique, that higher res
shadow maps will help with... but will never really solve completely.
Still they are pretty quick, and easy to use :)
I like shadows.  Now, if there were only a nice quick way to do them easily.
Like:
glEnable(GL_SHADOW, GL_SOFT, 1024)
Also have a look with the wire frame tea pot :)  it shows lots of gaps
in the shadow.  Not a very good tea pot... it would never work for
making tea - too many holes.
I noticed that, it was kind of cool, but as you say, produced a blocky shadow.
Ian