Re: [pygame] vista testing...

OK , 'waveout' works. I thought I tested that the other day but
I must have put in the statement too far down. The number of channels
does not affect things. With 'waveout' I can use a 1k buffer and it still sounds
good.

I still have the occasional scratching if a skip forward in the file.
Interesting note , the scratching is reoccurring at the same frequency.
But it doesn't happen every time I skip forward.
The length of the buffer does not seem to affect the frequency of this scratch, maybe the bufferpointer gets moved ahead of the buffer and picks up trash and then
keeps going back to that point.
Using pygame.mixer.pre_init(11025, -16, 2, 512) and skiping ahead in file
I still get the scratch. But occasionally I now get pure static witch would
point to the bufferpointer getting moved to the wrong spot.

René Dudfield skrev:
Hello,

could you also please try the different audio drivers?

import os
if 1:
    # directx
    os.environ['SDL_AUDIODRIVER'] = 'dsound'
else:
    # waveout
    os.environ['SDL_AUDIODRIVER'] = 'waveout'

cheers,