Re: [pygame] Pygame Subset for Android 0.9.2 Released

On Sun, Mar 6, 2011 at 8:43 PM, <pie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Couldn't you just make it an eclipse project, and have the developer drop the files (Pygame, .py's, data files)into assets, and have the java compiler do the rest? Pardon my ignorance, but is there any reason this wouldn't work for packaging?

There are several limitations as to the size of assets on Android, and what you can do with particular assets. With the exception of already-compressed assets, you're stuck with a 2M uncompressed size limit. Also, to read assets from Python, one would have to do a lot of JNI bridging, and probably some emulation of the filesystem, since games might want to do things like list a directory tree. Uncompressing to the filesystem makes all of this easier.

Writing an Eclipse project might be possible - I don't know what it entails.Â