[pygame] Re: pygame installation on OS X 10.7.3

In article <EAD8C403-76BD-4C00-870B-55F76C137691@xxxxxxxxx>,
 Lynn Oliver <raycores@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> It appears that the Mac binary install package
> pygame-1.9.2pre-py2.7-macosx10.7mpkg.zip does not include midi support (I get
> "ImportError: No module named pypm").
>
> I have tried building from sources but without success.  I am able to install
> using MacPorts with the +portmidi option, but this creates an entirely new
> installation of Python and I've been unable to get all the other libraries at
> the proper level to be compatible with my current installation.
>
> Would it be possible to get a binary version for OS X 10.7 that includes midi
> support?

I built the mac binary installer. So far I have been unable to build
portmidi. So no...not until somebody figures out how to build a version
of portmidi that is compatible with Mac OS X 10.4.

-- Russell