Re: [pygame] hello and looking to help out

I've started to build a pygamewrapper on top of Marcus's work. The idea is that you will be able to take a normal pygame import and modify it to:

import pygamewrapper as pygame

...and still have your code work. I'm not very far on it, but it does work for a few simple programs:

https://bitbucket.org/pcraven/pygame2

I like the idea of being able to use SDL 2.0 directly if you like. I think backwards compatibility is important. I'll probably work a lot more on it once I'm done with my pygame book.

Paul Vincent Craven

On Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 1:53 PM, Sam Bull <sam.hacking@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sun, 2013-03-24 at 10:09 -0700, Sean Felipe Wolfe wrote:
> A question, do we have any info online about the pygame core
> development team, or info about goals or aspirations for the project?
> What's currently on the task list for pygame?

Speaking of this. I think development effort is heading towards pygame2
now, right? Is this the right time to discuss where we want to go with
pygame2?

It seems we have two proposed projects, is it time to pick one and begin
pushing forward? I think we should also have a design discussion about
what pygame2 should entail. Does this sound reasonable?