Re: [pygame] Python3 version packaged?

wouldn't it be a good idea to compile using py2exe or such so that every user has all dependancies?
I'm writing a Music software now using pygame midi and the exes so far have worked on all windows machines.

On Fri, Mar 21, 2014 at 6:36 AM, Jason Marshall <jmm0@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Here's an idea: what if we were to remove pyportmidi 0.0.6 from the pygame source and make pygame.midi dependent on stand-alone pyportmidi?

Jason

PS. I think the most recent version of pyportmidi, 0.0.7, is here: https://bitbucket.org/aalex/pyportmidi/

From: Christopher Night
To: pygame-users@xxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, December 31, 2013 4:58 PM
Subject: Re: [pygame] Python3 version packaged?

That's all well and good for development, but if I want to distribute my game to other Ubuntu users I'm not going to tell players they have to comment out part of the setup file for one of my dependencies and install it from source.

I'm not complaining or anything. Set whatever priorities you think are appropriate. I'm just adding another data point: this is blocking me from transitioning to Python3.

-Christopher