Re: [pygame] File-like objects and mixer.Sound

Aquarius writes:

 > Where are you getting the distutils from? Afaics, there's a
 > python-distutils package, but no python2-distutils... I may be just
 > missing something here :)

distutils is part of the python2-base package.

$ dpkg -L python2-base | grep distutils | grep init

/usr/lib/python2.0/distutils/command/__init__.py
/usr/lib/python2.0/distutils/__init__.py

Try starting the interpreter, and typing 'import distutils'.

Are you sure you're running python2?

Note that most debian systems will have python and python2 installed
side-by-side, and will run python 1.5.2 by default. You have to set
the /usr/bin/python symlink manually. Does the interpreter header say
python 2.x?

David Clark