Re: [pygame] File-like objects and mixer.Sound

In article <15108.20603.709471.827364@gargle.gargle.HOWL> you wrote:
> Aquarius writes:
> >
> > Where are you getting the distutils from? Afaics, there's a
> > python-distutils package, but no python2-distutils... I may be just
> > missing something here :)
>
> distutils is part of the python2-base package.
>
> $ dpkg -L python2-base | grep distutils | grep init
>
> /usr/lib/python2.0/distutils/command/__init__.py
> /usr/lib/python2.0/distutils/__init__.py
>
> Try starting the interpreter, and typing 'import distutils'.
>
> Are you sure you're running python2?

Yep, I'm sure, 'cos I invoke it as "python2" :)

I suspect that ths may be a testing vs unstable issue, since:

[ aquarius@giles ] ~ $ dpkg --list python2-base
ii  python2-base   2.0-7          An interactive object-oriented scripting lan
[ aquarius@giles ] ~ $ dpkg -L python2-base | grep distutils
[ aquarius@giles ] ~ $

As before, this might be fixed in the version I'm now getting in the
upgrade...when it finally finishes :(

Aq.

--
For your information, some people think I'm very funny
    -- Joe Hallenbach, "The Last Boy Scout"