Re: [pygame] Introductions and question about transparency

> So this works flawlessly. But maybe it is not quite intuitive? Do you
> expect to change subsurface()'s behavior?

yes, this is already fixed in the latest pygame cvs code.
when pygame-1.1 is released it will better handle colormaps for
subsurfaces.

> Funny, considering you wrote and documented it. :-)

you'd be surprised. things don't always work as i'd plan :]

> i'm guessing the real problem is that SDL_image is not using the colorkey
> from XPM files. and i'm hoping the reason it doesn't work with GIF/PNG is
> because gimp wasn't saving them correctly ?

> I would put up a full screenshot somewhere instead, but loisel.org (our
> server) is still down. The image weighs in at 5.6K, so I suppose it's not too
> rude for me to attach it?

feel free to upload temporary things like this to the pygame contrib
directory. you can ftp into ftp://pygame.org/pub/pygame/contrib and
anonymously upload the file. it can then be linked over http at
http://pygame.org/ftp/contrib
i clean files out of there every week or so. it's nice to have an
open place to drop things, and i'll leave it that way (as long as the
warez scene doesn't catch wind of anything)