Re: [pygame] Optimization, double buffered pygames

Syver Enstad wrote:
> Yes, I've considered that, but isn't it unlikely considering that the
> game ran at 30 fps in fullscreen mode, after adding some more code it
> ran under 20 fps in fullscreen mode, but about 34 fps in windowed
> mode. I can understand that the drop is relatively huge from 30 to
> under 20 because it has to vsync, but not why the windowed version
> runs faster.

hmm, perhaps the windowed version is using a faster display depth than
fullscreen? the windowed mode is 16bit, while the fullscreen is 32bit?
usually this is the other way around though, since the fullscreen mode
can run at any depth, and the windowed mode is forced to match the
desktop depth.

try running fullscreen without the HWSURFACE and DOUBLEBUF flags? this
will probably run slower for both windowed and fullscreen, but i'm
wondering how the speeds will compare for that?

obviously the fullscreen and windowed displays are being setup
differently, i'm just wondering what that difference might be. you can
get a bit of information about the display mode by doing this.

	print pygame.display.Info()