Re: [pygame] OpenGL not double buffering?

Andy Sy wrote:
> When I try out the program below, I can see
> the screen flicker everytime the display updates.
> Double-buffering does not seem to be utilized.
> Can anyone confirm if this is indeed the
> case on their machines?
>
> I'm using Pygame 1.4.9/PyOpenGL 2.0.0.44 under
> Windows XP with a Voodoo3 video card.
> pygame.display.set_mode((screenWidth, screenHeight),
> FULLSCREEN|OPENGL|DOUBLEBUF)

it looks like you are calling the functions correctly. i haven't seen any
problems where this wouldn't work (although i don't think i've done any
testing of FULLSCREEN and OPENGL actually... hmm)

you may want to check the surface flags on the screen surface after calling
set_mode. if DOUBLEBUF didn't work, it shouldn't be in the surface flags..

screen = pygame.display.get_surface()
if screen.get_flags() & DOUBLEBUF: print "Doublebuffered"