Re: [pygame] OpenGL not double buffering?

 --- Pete Shinners <shredwheat@attbi.com> wrote: >
Andy Sy wrote:
> > When I try out the program below, I can see
> > the screen flicker everytime the display updates.
> > Double-buffering does not seem to be utilized.
> > Can anyone confirm if this is indeed the
> > case on their machines?
> >
> > I'm using Pygame 1.4.9/PyOpenGL 2.0.0.44 under
> > Windows XP with a Voodoo3 video card.
>  > ...
> > pygame.display.set_mode((screenWidth,
> screenHeight),
> > FULLSCREEN|OPENGL|DOUBLEBUF)
>
> it looks like you are calling the functions
> correctly. i haven't seen any
> problems where this wouldn't work (although i don't
> think i've done any
> testing of FULLSCREEN and OPENGL actually... hmm)
>
> you may want to check the surface flags on the
> screen surface after calling
> set_mode. if DOUBLEBUF didn't work, it shouldn't be
> in the surface flags..
>
> screen = pygame.display.get_surface()
> if screen.get_flags() & DOUBLEBUF: print
> "Doublebuffered"

This program caused my machine to crash a couple of
times ( debian/linux/nvidia gf2mx )

It did not flicker whilst it was running.

Looking at the code it seems ok.  The only thing
different I see you are doing to me is using the wait
for events instead of polling.  Perhaps this is what
is causing the problems?