Re: [pygame] Announce: Quiet Console Town initial release

On Saturday 03 May 2003 10:28 am, reavey wrote:
> Rodger
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "qct.py", line 5, in ?
>     import support
>   File "./support.py", line 5, in ?
>     import widgets
>   File "./widgets.py", line 3, in ?
>     import gui
>   File "./gui.py", line 9, in ?
>     class Eventable:
>   File "./gui.py", line 14, in Eventable
>     def __init__(self, enabled = True):
> NameError: name 'True' is not defined

The project page has a bug report system for this kind of thing - I'm sure
Roger would appreciate the bugs being filed there so he can keep track of
them :)

> I've installed this on a mandrake 8.2 2.96-076mdk :gcc 2.96: Python 2.2:
> and pygame 1.5.5
> I can invoke the python interpreter from the qct directory.
> python qct.py and ./qct.py give the same error.

True was added in python 2.2.1 so there was backward compatibility for scripts
written under 2.3. There's a lot of other bugfixes in the 2.2.2 release, so
it might be worth you upgrading your system anyway.

    Richard