[pygame] problem in pygame.mixer (undefined symbol)

Hi folks,

I feel like an ass for asking that, but...

Yesterday I tried to build SDL & pygame on my linux box, everything went
fine but when I ran my mp3 player script, I got "undefined symbol:
ov_open" (see below for full traceback)
I guess "ov" stands for Ogg Vorbis, but I built SDL_mixer with Ogg
support (at least I checked the configure script & it's enabled) and I
have all related dependencies...
this confuses me a lot, if anybody has any idea I'd be really
thankful...

my system: Mandrake 9.1, python 2.2.2, SDL 1.2.5

--------------TRACEBACK--------------
[sylvain@localhost Documents]$ python mp3PlaYer.py
mp3PlaYer.py:95: RuntimeWarning: use mixer:
/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/pygame/mixer.so: undefined symbol:
ov_open
  pygame.mixer.init()
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "mp3PlaYer.py", line 209, in ?
    app = mpp()
  File "mp3PlaYer.py", line 95, in __init__
    pygame.mixer.init()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/pygame/__init__.py", line 60,
in __getattr__
    raise NotImplementedError, MissingPygameModule
NotImplementedError: mixer module not available

Thanks again,
sylvain