[pygame] Can anyone steer me to some tutorials specifically about animating multiple unrelated items simultaneouly

Subject says it all... Specifically UNRELATED items. Animating
multiple related items (like say, pacman and ghosts) I can comprehend,
because you typically update them all at the same frequency, once per
loop. Add in some complexity like say, having the score digits scroll
smoothly like a gas pump or an odometer, at the same time. That isn't
something that has any strict time relation to pacman and ghosts. I've
yet to find a good tutorial on this.

Alan