Re: [pygame] Questions about blitting

Gabriele Farina wrote:
My problem is different: I don't want to blit surfaces that are outside the
target surface...i think I have to use clipper...is it right??
any blits to outside the target surface are safely ignored, there's no need to do anything extra. if the entire blit happens outside the target surface the blit doesn't even do anything.

it is all optimized down fairly well in the SDL library. it is faster to let the SDL blitter automatically clip the blitting, than to do it in the python code.

if you are talking about a directx style clipper for overlapped windows, no need to do anything. SDL handles all that for your window automatically.