Re: [pygame] multimedia pygame

rtrocca@libero.it wrote:
Regarding MAX/MSP and PD I must say they are quite nice tools, I specially like PD since its free software. They are very nice environments for prototyping audio but also visuals (thanks to external libraries such as Jitter and GEM). They are visual programmin environments and as such its quite difficult to create big and complex proyects. But the students usually like it very much and learn a lot by using them.

You can also "drive" PD (and MAX/MSP) using pyOSC.
Actually it can be very interesting to implement part of the "patch" in python
using OSC to receive data from the PD patch and sending back some controls/events.
this is exactly what i am doing!
Actually we developed a simple API for the pyOSC implementation by Daniel Holth so that students or people that dont understand (or cannot be bothered) sockets and studff like that can use OSC in a very simple way, we are planning to release it in a few days.

We want create "controllers" for PD, Supercollider, MAX/MSP and other programs that understand OSC.

You can have a look at what we have been doing so far in.
www.ixi-software.net/content/software.html
Check out SpinOSC as this the direction we are planning to move from now on.

Very recently there is a tool being developed at the MIT called Processing that allows to program in a simplified version of Java to create visuals and also sound. In many senses its a bit like pygame.

Can you send/share some link about "Processing" in order to have a look at it?

I think its someting like www.processing.net
this was an old link to the demo but it might have changed
http://proce55ing.net/download/alpha.html

Looks like they plan to release open source in the future but not at the moment.

--
enrike ::