Re: [pygame] Advice on Game Engine

The basic problem with using any toolkit is there is always something in
there using resources that you never use.

I've heard alot of good things about OpenGL and pygame but have never
tried it myself- it's on my list to learn. (along with C to integrate
the two)

On the user interface - you will probably need to code your own. There
are some out there but they have the reputation of being somewhat bulky.

The biggest advantage of sprites is grouping and collisions if you need
those use sprites.