[pygame] pygame.org website redevelopment

I've been an avid pygame user for the last couple of
years.
http://www.imitationpickles.org/ld484/ - Cuzco's Goat
Bloat game
http://www.imitationpickles.org/ld486/pgu.html - Tile
and Level Editors
http://www.imitationpickles.org/ld486/ - Escape from
Anathema Mines

I am interested in giving back to the pygame community
through a web site redevelopment.  (Web development
has been my day job for the last six years.)  You can
see some examples of my web work at
http://www.siteswing.com - A website for small
businesses to build their own website on
http://www.lance-tech.com/synapse - An e-learning
platform (this is the advertising site for it.)
http://www.imitationpickles.org - My personal website,
see my other games (c,c++,java,web), writing, music,
etc.

I would like to do the following things to the pygame
website:

- Slight design update (nothing too major, just some
adjustments to fit the new content.)
- User login, so that pygame users can submit projects
(description, images, links) / code snippets / news
- User profile pages (projects, images, links)
- More project categories
- Project ratings, comments
- Web based administration of all site content
- Setup new site so that all old site links still work
or redirect to new site links.
- PHP / MySQL
- Ongoing maintenance and update of the site

Those are the main items I think the site needs.  If
there are other site requirements, please suggest
them.

If people are interested in seeing this proceed, I can
develop a rough edition of the site for more comments.

Thanks,
Phil