Re: [pygame] pygame.org website redevelopment

> I wouldn't say get started right away. I'd be more
> interested in the
> backend architecture at first.

What would you like to know about the backend
architecture?  I will be using the one that I created
over the past few years.  PHP / MySQL.  I also use
www.fckeditor.net for content editing.  (Recently my
company decided that it could be open sourced.)

The plan for the pygame.org site will include 3 views
--
1.  The site view (what users currently see).  All
links will remain working from the old site.  The

The site view may also contain the ability to add
reviews/comments to projects.  (This may come at a
later phase, as it is not as immediately important.)

2.  The user site (when pygame users login).  They
will be able to add / edit projects.  They will also
be able to add images, links, to their project
information.  They will also be able to update their
personal information with images, links.

The user site may also contain the ability to submit
news items / page changes.  (This may come at a later
phase, as it is not as immediately important.)

3.  The admin site (when site admins login).  Admins
will be able to add / edit / delete news items.  Add /
edit /delete project categories.  Add / edit / delete
projects.  Add / edit / delete users.  Add / edit /
delete groups.  Add / edit / delete pages.

I'm not sure if this tells you more about the
architecture.  I think it explains some of the site
layout better than my previous message.

Discover Yahoo!
http://discover.yahoo.com/weekend.html