Re: [pygame] pygame for basic nintendo NES games

Haroon Khalid wrote:
Thanks I shall do this. Do you think I should grab a python book first, read it, then get into
pygame, or just go with the tutorials. Keep in mind I am still kinda new to programming. I have
the tiny basic down like branching, loops, variables, and more.

What I would do is test my initial knowledge by building a "guess the number" game -- no messing with graphics yet, just this way of doing input, a loop and variables. Then try really basic graphics -- open a graphics window, load an image, draw something (remembering to call an update function each frame), and move it a few times. Getting a ball or something moving on the screen should be a morale booster!

I asked about improving my skills here recently and got told to implement Pong, so I'm about a third of the way through that (not much time till tomorrow afternoon!). Just a pixel for a ball, lines for paddles.

Kris