Re: [pygame] Where's OpenGL?

> On Windows, the graphic card drivers provide the OpenGL-drivers, at
> least if I remember right.
>
> greets,
> Marek

When I type "import OpenGL" or try running the NeHe tutorial code for
OpenGL, it crashes, unable to find OpenGL. You'd think the OpenGL home
page would have a big red button saying "Download OpenGL Here."

To run the Nehe tutorials, you need to have installed pyOpenGL, obtainable from pyopengl.sourceforge.net.
You also want the pythonish python version of the Nehe tutorials.  The pygame site has a link to
the python Nehe tutorials 1-10 in a zipfile.

The pyOpenGL package is multimodule, so use an import something like

import OpenGL.GL as ogl
import OpenGL.GLU as oglu
You *probably* have openGL itself installed already, but I cannot really say without knowing
what platform you are running, and maybe what video drivers are installed.   Only the GLUT part of openGL is not
commonly preinstalled.

David

--
dkeeney@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Pitcher's Duel -> pitchersduel.python-hosting.com