Re: [pygame] Cross-References

Patrick Mullen wrote:
> When I was working on a platformer, my first big project in pygame
> (currently on hold, go figure) I definately designed it from an
> engine/framework standpoint rather than from a game standpoint.  I was
> building this awesome huge thing that would make it "easy" to make
> whatever kind of game I wanted.  But I accomplished more during that
> week of pygame than I ever did with the platformer.

I've had this problem before too. Could you elaborate on what
differences you practiced in your development strategies? For
instance, you still had to write an engine for your actual working
game. What drove the development of your engine? Did you find that
focusing on "the game" was less fun or less like coding than
developing an engine? Is that good or bad? Etc.

Ethan